Incoming Transient Students
A student in good standing at another accredited institution may be permitted to
enroll as a "transient" student on a space-available basis in order to
complete work to be transferred to the parent institution. A transient student should
be advised in writing by the parent institution concerning recommended courses.
The transient student must:
Outgoing Transient Students
- Submit an application and a $25 non-refundable application fee to Lanier Technical
- Present a statement from the Registrar or Academic Dean of the parent institution
that the student is in good standing and eligible to return to that institution.
Enrollment is usually limited to one semester.
- Pay all scheduled tuition and fees of Lanier Technical College or have pre-approval
for financial aid.
- Applicants for transient status must re-apply and receive transient status approval
for each semester that they wish to enroll under the transient status.
- Students from another Technical College System of Georgia institution who wish to
enroll in online courses only should apply through the GVTC website.
- Transient applicants must provide documentation of Lawful Presence in the United
States. More information on the required documents can be found in the Admissions/Residency
Policy of this catalog.
A student in good standing at Lanier Technical College may be permitted to enroll
as a "transient" student at another accredited institution. The outgoing
transient student must:
Transient status cannot be granted for Learning Support courses.
- Complete the Lanier Technical College Request for Transient Status form, Request
for Transient Status.
- Have successfully completed a minimum of one semester at Lanier Technical College.
- Request permission for a transient class that is required for their current program
- Meet pre-requisites for the course they plan to take.
- Receive approval from their program advisor.
- Apply to the College you wish to attend, seeking admission as a transient student and pay their application fee. (Students from Lanier Tech who wish to attend another Technical College System of Georgia institution and plan to enroll in online courses only should apply through the GVTC website)
- Earn a grade of "C" or higher for the course to be transferred back to
Lanier Technical College.