Attendance policies vary by program. Program attendance policies are listed on course
syllabi. It is the responsibility of each student to clarify the exact attendance
policy of his/her particular program of study. No program of study allows absences
in excess of 20% of the scheduled class time no matter the reason for the absences.
Excessive absences will result in dismissal from the course(s).
Online Courses: Online students must complete an academically related activity
each week to be considered active. Simply logging into an online class is not considered
to be active. You will be dismissed for an excess of 20% attendance violation (does
not have to be consecutive) in online classes as follows:
• 15 week term — total of 3 weeks of inactivity
• 10 week term — total of 2 weeks of inactivity
• 7 week term — total of 2 weeks of inactivity
Academically related activities include, but are not limited to the following:
• submitting an academic assignment;
• taking an exam, an interactive tutorial or computer-assisted
• participating in an online discussion about academic matters
Hybrid Courses: Absences in hybrid courses may not exceed 20% of scheduled
on-campus classes or 20% of the total contact hours for the course.