Learn more about ALL programs
Program of Study
Drafters are in demand!
Do you ask, "How did they figure out how to build that?" Do you wonder how to draw a house plan? Have you “pinned” the perfect house plan on Pinterest? Do you want to know how everything is put together and works? For a new product, house or building to become a reality it must be created first by engineers, architects and drafters, and companies in Georgia are looking for skilled drafters!
Lanier Tech Drafting Technology students learn both 2D and 3D drafting. We offer certificates, diplomas and degrees in Architectural and Mechanical Drafting. Drafting is taught at the Oakwood Campus during the day and at night.
The Diploma and Associate Degree Programs in Mechanical Drafting offer:
- The latest CAD (Computer Aided Design) software including AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventor
- Dimensional Drawings
- Orthographic Drawings
- Blueprint reading
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Section Views
- Auxiliary Views and Sheet Metal Design
- Fasteners, including rivets and welding
- Assembly Drawings
The Diploma and Associate Degree Programs in Architectural Drafting offer:
Learn more about the job outlook, work environment, curriculum, significant points, FAQs, etc. for Mechanical Drafting; click here.
- The latest CAD (Computer Aided Design) software including AutoCAD and Revit
- Detailed house drawings
- History of architecture
- Building construction terminology
- Commercial drawings
Learn more about the job outlook, work environment, curriculum, significant points, FAQs, etc. for Architectural Drafting; click here.