A student in good standing at another accredited institution may be permitted to enroll as a “transient” student on a space-available basis in order to complete work to be transferred to the parent institution. A transient student should be advised in writing by the parent institution concerning recommended courses.
The transient student must:
- Submit an application and $25 non-refundable application fee to Lanier Technical College.
- Present a statement from the Registrar or Academic Dean of the parent institution that the student is in good standing and eligible to return to that institution. Enrollment is limited to one semester
- Provide documentation of lawful presence in the United States.
- Pay all scheduled tuition and fees of Lanier Technical College or have pre-approval for financial aid.
- Applicants for transient status must re-apply and receive transient status approval for each semester that they wish to enroll under the transient status.