The Engineering Technology Program is intended to provide the opportunity for students to explore a career in engineering at the professional level. Program graduates will receive an Associate of Applied Science degree in Engineering Technology, qualifying them as engineering technicians with a specialization in mechanical engineering technology, electrical engineering technology, or industrial engineering technology.
Engineering Technology is…
- For individuals who want engineering related careers with a hands-on practical approach.
- A blend of theory-based lecture and hands-on laboratory.
- Topics in cutting-edge technology areas enabling graduates to meet the changing needs of industry.
- Based on understanding the application of engineering principles rather than the mathematical derivations.
- Activities ranging from the applied and practical to the highly theoretical and abstract.
Engineering Technology students…
- Apply technology to the solutions of industrial problems.
- Have considerable knowledge of materials and processes.
- Know how to apply the principles of physical sciences.
- Use instruments rather than tools.