To apply for Dual Enrollment at Lanier Technical College:
- Meet with your high school counselor. It is important that you and your parent speak with your counselor to determine if the Dual Enrollment program is the right fit for you. Homeschool students must submit a copy of the Home Study Participation Agreement and Funding Application and Declaration of Intent to Homeschool. You must complete the Student Participation Agreement before your college registration session!
- Submit your dual enrollment funding application. Visit www.gafutures.org and select Dual Enrollment Funding Application. Homeschool students must submit a copy of the Home Study Participation Agreement and Funding Application.
- Apply Online - Select "Dual Enrollment" on page 2 for "Application Type." The application fee is waived for Dual Enrollment students.
- Provide appropriate Readiness Document. This could include one or more of the following:
- Schedule an ACCUPLACER Testing Session. Students may retest once per academic year (Fall, Spring, Summer) for the sections that were not at the minimum score requirement and must complete a 30 day wait period between each testing session.
- Request for your high school counselor to submit verification of your HOPE GPA of a 2.6 or higher after completion of 10th grade or your PSAT scores. You may view your current HOPE GPA on https://www.gafutures.org/.
- Send official copies of your SAT or ACT scores directly from the testing agency. If you complete an AP Exam, you must request the official AP scores from the testing agency. (SAT Code:7289 or ACT code: 7096) Students are encouraged to send all scores from all testing sessions. We evaluate applications each time updated information is received. Lanier Technical College will evaluate the highest SAT, ACT, PSAT or ACCUPLACER test scores.
- Check your Application Status - Your admission status reflects your outstanding documents required for your application. You can review what information is needed and what documents have been received.
- Check your email. Lanier Technical College will send a variety of emails to the email address provide on the application. These emails will include important information on the opportunity to register for classes!
Applicants must meet minimum regular admissions test score requirements to participate in the Dual Enrollment Program. Lanier Technical College administers the ACCUPLACER exam for placement. ACCUPLACER tests are used to place students where they will be most successful based on academic skill levels. All programs require scores for reading, writing, and basic math.
Lanier Technical College also accepts other readiness documentation. This consists of a HOPE GPA after completion of 10th grade of a minimum 2.6. This must be provided to the college by a verified source (i.e. high school counselor). Lanier Technical College accepts SAT, ACT, & PSAT scores that meet the minimum admission score requirements. Please see the minimum requirements below. Official test scores must be requested and sent to the college prior to posted application deadlines.
Lanier Technical College Testing Codes: SAT: 7289 ACT: 7096
Dual Enrollment Admissions Testing Scores
*Applicants for admission to the Dual Enrollment Programs who do not score at the program admission level on one or more sections of the ACCUPLACER may re-test. Dual Enrollment students are allowed two attempts per academic year while enrolled in high school. Re-tests will only be administered for the sections that were not at the minimum score requirement. Students needing to re-test must wait a period of 30 days between the original test and re-test.
- Complete the Dual Enrollment Funding Application through GAFutures. Home study students must complete the paper Dual Enrollment Funding Application and Participation Agreement for Home Study.
- Attend a Registration Session. Dual Enrollment students are required to attend an orientation and registration session the first semester at Lanier Technical College. You will be required to have your Student Participation Agreement to register at this session. *If you are a new Dual Enrollment student, you are required to attend a New Student Orientation session before the start of your first semester.
- Provide a copy of your schedule to your high school counselor and request he/she complete Part B of the online funding application. Homeschool students will request their home study official complete Part II of the application.
- Check your Lanier Technical College Student email. Lanier Technical College will send a variety of emails to applicants. These emails will include important information on the opportunity to register for classes!
There is little cost to students participating in the Dual Enrollment program. The Dual Enrollment program covers the cost of tuition, a book allowance, and mandatory fees up to 15 credit hours per semester. Other expenses, including transportation and course - specific supplies, are the responsibility of the student.
The Dual Enrollment funding application must be completed within two weeks of the beginning of the semester or prior to your withdrawal date, whichever is first. If not, you will be responsible for your total tuition, fees, and books for the semester.
To maintain eligibility for Dual Enrollment funding, students must earn a minimum grade of C or better ( 2.00 GPA) in all classes and satisfactorily complete at least two - thirds ( 66.6%) of all course work attempted.
Dual Enrollment Application Deadlines
The online application and supporting documents must be submitted prior to the application deadline or the following Monday if the deadline occurs on a non - business day. The online application is removed one month before the start of the semester. Documents to complete the admissions application are accepted until the final document deadline below
Due to the Public Health Emergency, the Summer and Fall 2020 Semester Priority Deadlines have been extended.
|Updated Summer Priority Deadline
||April 30, 2020
|Updated Summer Final Deadline
||May 15, 2020
|Updated Fall Priority Deadline
||May 15, 2020
|Updated Fall Final Deadline
||June 15, 2020
The Dual Enrollment funding application must be completed prior to the beginning of the semester in which the student enrolls. If not, the student will be responsible for the total tuition, fees, and books for the semester. The online application may be completed by high school or home study students who are enrolled and physically attending a participating eligible public or private high school in Georgia or an eligible participating home study program in Georgia. The annual online application is available at www.gafutures.org.